The following is a list of notes I took for blog post on how to enable TJA on a BMW i3. If or when I get the time, I will try to turn them into a real tutorial. In the mean time the following is offered without any warrantee or guarantee. Your mileage may vary.
- Download and install version 3.27.1 of eSys from https://mega.nz/#!4ZNlEaRZ!Gt4JF77lb3a4goFh1nwBtg7DsP6TETgmkY-QLrh1Wcw
- Download Psdzdata Lite using the “Download as a Zip” option at https://mega.nz/#F!HxZTzKDZ!VaLLlOgzuZ6kr-UoTTrl4g
- Unzip the file that you just downloaded.
- Use File Explorer to navigate to the psdzdata folder in the unzipped files. Select the psdzdata folder then click “Copy” in the ribbon bar (or press Ctrl-C).
- The eSys installation created a folder called c:\data. Navigate to c:\ in File Explorer and click “Paste” in the ribbon bar (or press Ctrl-V).
- Purchase a license for eSysx (http://esysx.com/). Install and activate eSysx. I had a few issues installing and activating eSysx. First of all, the installer displayed an error message when trying to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributables. I verified that the redistributables were already installed on my computer then clicked “Yes” to the option to continue the installation. The second issue I had was that the ispiHostAdmin app didn’t display when I ran it. It turns out that it installs as an icon in your System Tray. Click the icon then the program will display.
- Once Activated, click the “EsysX Options” icon. Make sure the path to eSys is correct.
- Click “Create Custom Est.”
- Enter a Name and Pin then click “Create.”
- Enter a password for the token, check “Enable FDL Cheat Codes” and click “Apply.”
- Follow the prompts to save the token file in the eSys folder. Then answer “Yes” when asked if you wish to use it.
- Install the Quidzel doohickey as illustrated in the video. After removing the screw (my car required a 3mm hex wrench), popping out the front panel is a bit more difficult than it appears in the video. Pull the panel forward jut a bit then pull it to the right – away from the steering wheel. Once it pulls free, you won’t be able to lift it very far from the opening. Reach in the side and disconnect the three-pin plug and then you’ll be able to pull the panel free. Hook the Quidzel unit up to the three pin plug and plug the three-pin plug into the Quidzel. Stow the Quizdel thingy in the space on the left in the opening then reattach the panel.
- eSys – Connect = Target = I001 lqst one not direct
Expert Mode -> Coding
As an Amazon Associate we earn commisions on qualifying purchases.